Not sure if you need to meet with a financial planner? Have concerns regarding what might be discussed? Or really, do you just need help with where to even start with bringing your finances to order?
Our partnership with Miranda J. Bonde, LPL Investment Advisor Representative with Laura Mossakowski, LLC provides our members the opportunity to work with a professional with the knowledge and experience to guide through all of your financial stages in life. By listening to your goals and aspirations, Miranda will work with you to put together a plan that seeks to offer you the best opportunities, to stay on track with your goals and assist you in every step of the way as you pursue them.
When meeting with a financial advisor for an initial discussion, consider whether the following areas of your life are on track.
- Cash and Debt management – Are you finding that sometimes you run out of money before the end of the month? Having a conversation with a financial advisor can assist you in bringing order to you monthly finances and putting together a plan to get you on solid financial footing.
- Retirement Planning — Have you determined approximately when you expect to retire and how much you need to accumulate as a nest egg? If your retirement is close at hand or if you are already retired, your financial advisor can help you calculate how much you can withdraw for annual living expenses with the goal of not depleting your assets.
- Diversification — During the past several years, investors have experienced considerable volatility as many types of stocks declined and rose in sync. But longer term, owning a mix of different types of investments may help to lower the volatility of your portfolio when one area of the financial markets experiences a downturn.
- Risk Tolerance — How do you react when a portion of your portfolio declines in value? Your financial advisor can help you craft a mix of stock, bond, and other investments (known as asset allocation) that suits your feelings about risk and your investment horizon. Remember that even if you are a conservative investor, earning a rate of return that exceeds the rate of inflation is critical when pursuing long-term goals.
- Net Worth — Have your total assets minus total liabilities (such as loans and credit card debt) gone up or down during the past year? Many investors may be facing a smaller net worth because of declines in the value of stock and real estate holdings. If this describes you, don’t despair. Consider whether you can start saving more in an attempt to rebuild your assets. Or you may want to review your asset allocation to determine whether an adjustment in your portfolio align well with your goals.
- Risk Management – Do you have your bases covered in case something happens and you aren’t able to work due to a sickness or injury? What would happen to your family if you or your spouse passed away? What would happen to your retirement plans if you or your spouse needed home health care or skilled nursing services? Your advisor can help you confirm if you have adequate coverage and can also walk you through the “What if?” scenarios that help you clearly understand the amount of risk that you are taking on with your current level of coverage.
- Estate Planning — Do you have a will? Have you reviewed your beneficiary designations? Have you considered the tax implications of transferring your estate to your heirs? If your estate plan was prepared some years ago, it may be time for a review to make sure it is appropriate for your current circumstances.
Everyone’s financial life is unique, and you may face other considerations that are important in the short term. By taking time to review your finances let Miranda help you in pursuing long-term goals.
Further contact information
Laura Mossakowski, LLC – Education to Empower, Support to Succeed
2555 Continental Court, Suite 4
Green Bay, WI 54311
Schneider Community Credit Union 781 Willard Drive, Green Bay, WI 54304 Office hours at this location vary, please call and request appointment
Securities and Financial Planning Offered Through LPL Financial, A Registered Investment Advisor. Member FINRA/SIPC. Insurance products offered through LPL Financial or its licensed affiliates. Schneider Community Credit Union and LPL Financial are separate entities. LPL Financial does not offer legal advice or services. Asset allocation and diversification do not ensure a profit or protect against a loss.
The investment products sold through LPL Financial are not insured Schneider Community Credit Union deposits and are not NCUA insured. These products are not obligations of the Schneider Community Credit Union and are not endorsed, recommended or guaranteed by Schneider Community Credit Union or any government agency. The value of the investment may fluctuate, the return on the investment is not guaranteed, and loss of principal is possible.”